Rooted, now my phone won't charge?

Last Updated:

1. apklilkid

apklilkid Member This Topic's Starter

Before I even rooted my phone, my charger was having issues charging. At the end of the part that goes into the phone, the black cord fell back and the wires are exposed. It's been like this since late March/April. I'd have to mess with angling the phone in order for it to charge, but once it did, it was solid.

I rooted my phone thursday night and put fresh on it. Then yesterday I decided that it wasn't fast enough and I jumped from CM6 to PureHero. All the while it charged, but I still had to mess with it.

Now that I've left it on PureHero (although overall, I still haven't found a satisfactory ROM) my phone won't charge at all. Like, when I finally CAN get the light to glow orange, it'll be stuck at the same percentage. I woke up at like 3 in the morning and discovered this so I kept the battery out for the remainder of the night, woke up and put it back in but it's still stuck at the same percentage. Is it the ROM I'm using? Did I fry my battery somehow? Or is it solely the charger? I want to know before I go and buy a new batter/charger.

Advertisement
  2. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

Try a regular micro usb (like the type that charges a PS3 controller or Blackberries) The ones provided by HTC are crap

apklilkid likes this.
  3. apklilkid

apklilkid Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you so much:) At first I thought it wasn't going to fit, but sure enough it did.

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Also, your phone will charge slower on roms like purehero anyways due to it being overclocked by default.

5. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

ANY micro usb will work. If you look on ebay, you can regularly get them for under a buck shipped (coming from asia), or any site like newegg.com for under 5 (if you would rather it come from in the states)