• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted! Now what???

Ok, I just rooted my eris last night and now I am not sure what is the big difference???? I am on Eris_Official_1.0_OC (Ivans Rom)
1. How do I overclock?
2. Where do I find Vinalla and Evil Eris that I hear so much about?
3. I want a different look but also SPEED

Help me, I am new to this whole thing

Ok, I just rooted my eris last night and now I am not sure what is the big difference???? I am on Eris_Official_1.0_OC (Ivans Rom)
1. How do I overclock?
2. Where do I find Vinalla and Evil Eris that I hear so much about?
3. I want a different look but also SPEED

Help me, I am new to this whole thing

This page in the forums at XDA has a list of popular ROMS:

Known Droid Eris Roms, Patches and Hacks - UPDATED 05-11-2010 - xda-developers

Sense-able 3.1 is the one I keep going back to, OCed to 710/528 (using SetCPU), if you like Sense but want it much faster.

Upvote 0
I think just about everyone (including myself) asks the question, rooted, now what?
you have to try and test everything. just be comfortable that you have a NAND back-up and you are fine. The only way to learn something is by first hand doing it. At first I was only for sense-based ROMs, Ivans 1.0, Sense-able, stuff like that, but vanilla won me over evenutally..
although I am back on Ivans 1.0 for my everyday rom, and testing Ivans official 1.1..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones