Rooted... Now what??

Last Updated:

1. AuTigerCourt

AuTigerCourt New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I just rooted my phone using the new 1 step method. I was unsure about it for quite a while, and while I consider myself to be somewhat good with computers, I knew nothing about how to do this. This week my droid has been having some major issues when I flip through my different home screens. Big time lagging. I have also been wanting the wireless tether feature. So I finally did about a weeks worth of studying the how to's, and rooted today.

Now I'm wondering what else I can do. What other fun features are there?! I had been using launcher pro, and I'm happy with my current screens. I'm just wondering what I need to do now! :) Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well, what your your reasoning behind rooting? What exactly did you expect your rooted Droid to do for you? That will give us an idea where to start.

You need a custom recovery like ClockworkMod Recovery. You can back up your phone's state and have that image ready in case something goes wrong.
    That's a good first step.

3. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

it seems so bass akwards to root and then wonder what to do with it. almost makes you wonder why some people root if they have no idea what they can do with it and why they did it in the first place. I had several very specific things I wanted to achieve with root.. confirmed I could.. rooted... and did them

1. select a different base band
    2. overclock
    3. block ads in apps
    4. hotspot wifi
    5. customize some look & feel items

anyway... I digress. I was going to post the link Grey1001 did.

5. smacky

smacky Banned

War Damn.

6. muab

muab Well-Known Member

Smacky, what the heck does that mean?

Is my geek nomenclature hitting the big fail on that?

Lock-and-Load, I was kind of thinking the same thing...I was about to ask: "What were your priorities when you rooted?"

For me, I was only "driven" to root because 2.2 hosed my wifi, and the battery life of my Droid has always displeased me and I wanted to improve it... Then as gravy I really wanted to wifi tether.

Most people who root seem to be obsessed with more speed...which now that my phone is faster I can't go back to being slow...but I didn't need more speed when I started out.

(Sort of like accidentally getting addicted to heroin I guess...)