Rooted, now what?

Last Updated:

1. tdh2rr

tdh2rr New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure this seems like a dumb question to most of you but I need to know. I have and Evo and used unrevoked 3, then downloaded root explorer. Being scared to do almost anything without confirmation I haven't utilized any of my new found abilities. How exactly do I delete unwanted apps? I saw a thread refering to r/o and r/w but didn't understand what to do with it. Rooting is only a means to getting rid of some apps which are immune to regular uninstaller and possibly wireless tethering if it's not to complicated. If someone could provide specific instructions on how to use this app and perform a thether it would provide endless piece of mind. Thank you for your time!

-Tim

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Read the thread rooting for dummies + extras. Its a few threads down. It will have all the info you will need with step by step instructions

3. Gophert

Gophert Well-Known Member

4. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

I haven't uninstalled any bloatware, I just froze them with Titanium Pro. That way, if I ever need to go back to Sprint and act like I didn't root, it won't be too hard.

5. Brent Pierce

You definitely need a wireless tether app. If you flash the custom rom Myn's Warm 2.2, it unlocks the stock Sprint Hotspot app so you can use it free of charge. I use Warm. If you are sticking with the stock rom, get the wireless tether app from XDA forums.

exclamation_mark likes this.
  6. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

You can flash a completely stock rom that has the crap apps uninstalled already and comes with wireless tether. If you need the apps later they will be on your sdcard so you can install them at any time

7. exclamation_mark

exclamation_mark Well-Known Member

I did not know that Myn had unlocked the Sprint Hot spot, I have been running RLS1 almost exclusively for about a month, I just switched over to RLS2 a couple days ago. I have used the wireless tether app several times but had no idea that the sprint hot spot was unlocked. I relize of course that they do the same thing, but i can add a button to my switchPro widget for the sprint hotspot and skip a step opening the wireless tether program.

8. Brent Pierce

lol, that's EXACTLY why I use Hotspot over Tether. So i can get a widget. And he made it available in RLS2, it wasn't in RLS1 (if I'm not mistaken).