rooted now what

Last Updated:

1. beerbq

beerbq Member This Topic's Starter

I downgraded to froyo and rooted. Now most of my apps won't work and lost half of my contacts. I had 2.3.4 I hate this any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. crump

crump Well-Known Member

Flash any Gingerbread ROM and you should be good as far as app compatibility. You probably should have backed up your contacts before rooting..

3. beerbq

I am new at this I didnt think about that. I downloaded new sense rc2 and Im scared to mess with anything really. Since I did a backup I shouldnt be able to mess anything up right?

4. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Did you do a nandroid backup? Did you use titanium backup to backup your apps?

5. beerbq

I did a backup with rom manager Im not sure if thats what youre talking about. I did download titanium and backed up my apps.

6. crump

crump Well-Known Member

As long as you have a nandroid backup (made through recovery or rom manager) you should be fine. Just make sure you wipe properly before flashing (wipe data/factory reset, cache and dalvik cache. Optionally, format system, data and cache. I would also suggest getting comfortable with recovery and not just trusting rom manager to do everything for you.

beerbq likes this.