Rooted on 2.1, did factory reset and now can't install 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. Bdbaity

Bdbaity Member This Topic's Starter

I was rooted on 2.1 and did a factory reset this morning. Now I can download 2.2 but it gets to about 30% through the installation and reboots the phone and then goes to the home screen then it says install failed. I am on my 5th try re-downloading and installing 2.2 with no luck......

Any tips???

Advertisement
  2. JWhitmer

JWhitmer Member

Did you un-install and bloatware when you rooted? Any bloatware that was removed must be put back on before it will allow the system to upgrade. Sorry if this doesn't help but these are my first ideas. Did you ever use the 2.2 leak? A factory wipe will not return your phone to 2.1 if you had the 2.2 loaded previously.

3. Bdbaity

Thanks for your response. No, I never put the leaked 2.2 on my phone. I had rooted 2.1 and un-installed amazon mp3, blockbuster and need for speed and thats all. Then I did a factory reset this morning. Does a factory reset not re-install those 3 apps that I removed?

edit: guess not..... Just noticed another thread in the Root forum about this same issue?

4. JWhitmer

JWhitmer Member

Yea there should be a wealth of info out there about how to get those files back on your phone. I never removed the bloatware so I don't have any experience there but I can tell you that 99.99% sure that is the problem you are having with your upgrade.

5. Bdbaity

Thx for your help, I appreciate it.

6. effin_eric

effin_eric Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, I'm using Titanium Backup to reinstall some of the apps I got rid of and then I'll try updating again. If it works or not I'll let you know.