• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted on 2.1-update1 and need help!!!

brandon440

Mar 7, 2012
Ohio
:thinking::thinking:Recently got a HTC Wildfire (alltel) off somebody for nothing and I am looking for a way to fix it up a bit! I have rooted it. The current firmware is 2.1-update1 and I can not figure out how to do do more with it! I am trying to get it to 2.2 and eventually 2.3...even further if I can! 3.0? 4.0? Anything and Everything somebody could tell me to help out would be AMAZING! I am not a Noob but when it comes to this device I am! I currently own a Galaxy Note myself and this is a lil side project but I really need help!!!! Thank You soo much for anybody that helps!!!:thinking::thinking:

:thinking::thinking:Recently got a HTC Wildfire (alltel) off somebody for nothing and I am looking for a way to fix it up a bit! I have rooted it. The current firmware is 2.1-update1 and I can not figure out how to do do more with it! I am trying to get it to 2.2 and eventually 2.3...even further if I can! 3.0? 4.0? Anything and Everything somebody could tell me to help out would be AMAZING! I am not a Noob but when it comes to this device I am! I currently own a Galaxy Note myself and this is a lil side project but I really need help!!!! Thank You soo much for anybody that helps!!!:thinking::thinking:

Hey dude
I doubt the Wildfire will receive an official Android 2.3 - 4.0 update, it hasnt even got a 2.3 update so the next ones seem almost impossible... thats where custom ROMs come into this :D

Luckily for you and other rooted Wildfire users ROM developers have created unofficial versions of 2.3 and 4.0

Android 2.3.7 - CyanogenMod 7.2 (Most recent that i recommend, has no bugs that i have noticed)
Android 4.0 - CyanogenMod 9 (Incomplete, some stuff dont work)
Dont forget - Gapps (Google apps)

Upvote 0
Hey dude
I doubt the Wildfire will receive an official Android 2.3 - 4.0 update, it hasnt even got a 2.3 update so the next ones seem almost impossible... thats where custom ROMs come into this :D

Luckily for you and other rooted Wildfire users ROM developers have created unofficial versions of 2.3 and 4.0

Android 2.3.7 - CyanogenMod 7.2 (Most recent that i recommend, has no bugs that i have noticed)
Android 4.0 - CyanogenMod 9 (Incomplete, some stuff dont work)
Dont forget - Gapps (Google apps)

Thank You! I am being told though that the "Wildfire" (as I thought it was) on Alltel is actually the HTC Bee....So I am unsure if I could actually do any of that or not. I am still trying to confirm that is in fact an HTC Bee...If anybody out there could completely verify this I would greatly appreciate it!

Upvote 0
Thank You! I am being told though that the "Wildfire" (as I thought it was) on Alltel is actually the HTC Bee....So I am unsure if I could actually do any of that or not. I am still trying to confirm that is in fact an HTC Bee...If anybody out there could completely verify this I would greatly appreciate it!

The HTC Bee is just the US version, Buzz is the UK version of Wildfire

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones