Rooted OTA with custom kernel?

Last Updated:

1. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if I can flash Netarchy Toastmod Beta: 4.1.9.1 w/HAVS on this newly released OTA rom from XDA? I don't like how the stock kernel has been acting since I installed it. Would this be ok to do?

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Make a nandroid backup first. then you can try yourself. If it doesn't work, just restore your nandroid. That's what it's there for :)

3. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

+1 on backing up. I dont see why you cant. I personally went back to Baked Snack and just going to wait till he comes up with his own version of the OTA. There really isnt a huge difference. If anything Baked is consistently smoother.

4. Munnarg

Just did a nandroid back up so I'll flash it and let you guys know what the outcome was. Trying to get my work done as well before the stock market closes at 4pm.

5. Munnarg

So far so good. Feels smoother than the stock kernel, but we'll see how it goes after a few hours.

6. Munnarg

So after some further testing it appears that my 4g signal suffered severely because of this. I have since decided to restore my nandroid backup.

madiom likes this.
  7. madiom

madiom Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, I was thinking about doing something similar. Now I think I will wait to see what BS comes out with.