Rooted phones getting OTA?

Last Updated:

1. badelson

badelson New Member This Topic's Starter

After being impatient for months, i decided today to root my phone using unrevoked. I am not running any custom roms, but I do have root access. Of course 5 minutes later, I saw the post that Froyo will be OTA tomorrow... Will I recieve the OTA? If not, what steps do i need to do to restore this back so that I recieve it?

Advertisement
  2. eejimen

eejimen Member

+1. Exact same configuration. I don't want lose my root. Unrevoked S-Off is available but ready to commit until S-ON is available.

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

s-on IS available. Go look.

4. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

If you're just rooted, then yes you will receive the official OTA. Just put unrevoked forever on, because it's reversible now too.

5. edogger

edogger New Member

+1 Same here.... Are you saying to do the unrEVOked forever before or after the 2.2 update... Thanks!

6. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

I'm exploring my options. Before I do anything, I plan to run Unrevoked Forever. Can someone in the know take a look at my current setup:

- stock 2.1 Sense
    - rooted using SD card method
    - Hboot is 0.77.0000
    - Radio is 1.00.03.04.06
    - ClockworkMod Recovery v2.0.1.3 (via Unrevoked Reflash)
    - Hydra kernel (undervolted) 2.6.29-Hydra-non-v02

Can I just run Unrevoked Forever at this point, with the above configuration, to achieve S-off? Would there be a problem with the ClockworkMod and Hydra kernels... would I need to revert those? I thought I read something regarding incompatibility between the Hydra kernel and Unrevoked, but after reading through 5,000,000,000 posts I can't remember anymore.

7. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

run unrevoked forever BEFORE accepting the 2.2 OTA, otherwise its pointless.

the only for SURE way to have 2.2 OTA officially and keep root is to do unrevoked forever S-OFF before.

do S-OFF unrevoked forever, then get the stock recovery by downgrading found here
    and then accept the OTA 2.2, and then find the file to get clockworkmod recovery back on after you get the OTA

8. mangler1055

mangler1055 Well-Known Member

before

9. crutoi

crutoi Well-Known Member