• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted? Problems with ROM Manager.

swinchen

Lurker
Dec 16, 2010
Hi All, I got my U.S. Cellular HTC Desire (Android 2.1 - update 1) yesterday and decided having a bunch of junk apps was not my thing so I rooted it using the "Unrevoked" method. I used the latest version (3.22). It seemed to run fine util the last step. It reported "Unsupported Radio Version" and then a problem about "unrevoked-forever.zip"

So I read some posts and it said there was a bug and to install unrevoked-forver.zip manually. I did that and it seemed to run fine... no errors.

So... I installed a terminal emulator from the market, typed "su". The ninja popped up and I granted it permission... everything worked fine.

So I decided to install ROM Manager. ROM manager does not seem to be able to detect ClockworkMod Recovery... I clicked "Fix Permissions" and the Ninja popped up, I granted su permissions... then I get the error "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"

So basically my questions are:

1.) Is my phone ready for a custom ROM?
2.) Any idea why ROM Manager Premium is not working?
3.) How do I tell what my radio version is and if I need new version?
4.) I don't need a SIM unlock to flash a new radio version do I seeing I am running the CDMA version of the Desire?

Thanks for your help, if there is any information you need from me let me know!

Sam

rom manager is not needed.

if your device is rooted then try and boot to recovery from cold (voldown+power select the recovery option and press power)
if you see clockwork mod there then the root has been successfull
if you dont then it has failed

if you see it there then you should be able to flash stuff using the zip

is us cellular CDMA? if it is then be carefull what roms you flash

Upvote 0
rom manager is not needed.

if your device is rooted then try and boot to recovery from cold (voldown+power select the recovery option and press power)
if you see clockwork mod there then the root has been successfull
if you dont then it has failed

if you see it there then you should be able to flash stuff using the zip

is us cellular CDMA? if it is then be carefull what roms you flash

Yep, I am in ROM manager... I am creating a backup as we speak.

So, what should I look for when finding CDMA custom ROMS? Or should I avoid custom roms all together? I used to have a verizon droid running cyanogen mod... verizon is CDMA and I didn't have any problems. :/

Upvote 0
in his sig there is a wealth of information there.

as i said above though, be very carefull as us cellular is cdma, there are not many cdma roms out there. if you flash a gsm rom you will be in a bit of a pickle

ROM manager shouldnt really be used, all should be done by the recovery
if you mean you are into recovery then fine (dont call it rom manager as well get confused)

you can browse http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=628
look for the roms that show CDMA

Reactions: swinchen and SUroot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones