rooted question

Last Updated:

1. mjcook1984

mjcook1984 Active Member This Topic's Starter

my g2/hero is currently rooted i did this as i couldnt wait for tmobile to release the latest rom update as ive been trying to fix my signal issues,
    2 bar is the norm 3 bars is rare and 4 bars well that would be a miracle:eek: as in the 2 months of ownership ive only had 4 bars once. but my question is even though my hero is rooted is it ok to use either the new tmobile rom or the latest htc rom on a rooted hero as at the moment im using the macado rom (excuse the spelling) i thought this might of help my signal but it has remained the same. so i thought id give the htc or tmoble rom a try but i dnt want to unroot my hero as i like being able to have my apps on the sd card.

any help would be great

reagrds

Mj

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If you have signal issues then the radio ROM is the one to try updating. The T-Mobile 2.73.xxx.x update contains a more recent radio ROM, but installing it will completely replace your current MoDaCo ROM so you'll lose root and all the associated features.

Luckily someone has dumped this radio from another build so you can grab it here and apply it as an update.zip. The usual caveats apply about making a full Nandroid backup prior to updating so that you can roll back if necessary.

3. mjcook1984

thanks il give it ago at the moment i have this radio

update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18-signed.zip

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I've just flashed the latest one to my handset and I'm noticing an improvement in wi-fi e.g. I'm getting intermittant connections to a hotspot approx 200m away across a bus station! :D

5. mjcook1984

yea just updated to 2.4 then flashed the new radio to. Seems not want to download on 3g but will when on hsdpa very strange might try a full wipe and format and re flash and see what happens

6. Nyphur

Nyphur Member

Can I make such updates to the radio function on my Orange handset which has not been rooted?

Thanks