• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rooted question

my g2/hero is currently rooted i did this as i couldnt wait for tmobile to release the latest rom update as ive been trying to fix my signal issues,
2 bar is the norm 3 bars is rare and 4 bars well that would be a miracle:eek: as in the 2 months of ownership ive only had 4 bars once. but my question is even though my hero is rooted is it ok to use either the new tmobile rom or the latest htc rom on a rooted hero as at the moment im using the macado rom (excuse the spelling) i thought this might of help my signal but it has remained the same. so i thought id give the htc or tmoble rom a try but i dnt want to unroot my hero as i like being able to have my apps on the sd card.

any help would be great

reagrds

Mj

If you have signal issues then the radio ROM is the one to try updating. The T-Mobile 2.73.xxx.x update contains a more recent radio ROM, but installing it will completely replace your current MoDaCo ROM so you'll lose root and all the associated features.

Luckily someone has dumped this radio from another build so you can grab it here and apply it as an update.zip. The usual caveats apply about making a full Nandroid backup prior to updating so that you can roll back if necessary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones