Rooted / Removed Music Player / Can't set music ringtone

Last Updated:

1. Llaslo

Llaslo Member This Topic's Starter

All, I rooted my phone today for 2.1, and it's working great. I removed most of the crap sprint apps I didn't want (including their music player). Only issue I have is I seem to have lost the ability to set an mp3 as the ringtone. How can I fix this?

I do have some mp3's in the /media/audio/ringtones folder, but they don't show up in the ringtones list.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

You should probably reinstall the music player.

3. Llaslo

Hmmm, I plan to put a different music player on there, I didn't care for the stock one. I'll keep looking.

4. jwpilly

Try that. I think the ringtones are a different file type, .ogg I believe. If you don't have an app on your phone that read .mp3, then it won't play. So an app that does read .mp3, whether its third party or stock, may solve your problem.

5. Llaslo

Okay, I had my phone connected via USB, and it wasn't working, I disconnected it, and they magically showed up. I found another post where someone said having it mounted as a USB drive (which it was) would prevent the phone from accessing the SDCard. I don't know how true that is, but it seems to have worked. FWIW, I am currently playing an M4a as my ringtone downloaded from teh itunes apps store.

6. jwpilly

That makes sense. I don't think you can have two devices reading of of the same sd card at one time.