Rooted running Myn's latest, battery performance?

Last Updated:

1. sbmf66

sbmf66 Member This Topic's Starter

I have been reading like a fiend, trying to figure out if some of my apps are killing my battery.
    Should I not be running any task killer apps?

Also I was wondering if you can delete the downloaded Roms from the SD card after they are installed as it is filling up my card?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. TheManRSW

TheManRSW Well-Known Member

I've been running Myn's since this morning. I consider myself a moderate to light user, but I've got 51% of my battery remaining after 12 hours. That includes performing a nandroid backup, flashing the new rom, downloading around 15-20 apps, texting and emailing (roughly 20), and surfing the web for about 10 minutes. I do not run any task killers, I simply let the android system do it's own thing. I also don't use set cpu or any sort of over/under clocking program.

Once you've flashed the rom that you desire, you can delete the zip file from your card. It's only needed for the initial flash.

3. sbmf66

I thought I could delete zips, but wasn't 100%. Thanks for the reply. I am getting terrible battery life and believe it is my fault. I am going to try deleting all apps and do some testing.

4. sbmf66

Any opinions on the advanced task manger app? Should I just let my EVO do it's thing?

5. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

DO NOT USE ANY TASK KILLER APPS THEY ARE NO GOOD.

Now for the battery issues all you gotta do is eat pancakes in the morning.

6. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

I only use task panel and that is to kill anything rogue, never as a scheduled clean up. I'm on warm rls 2 with kings 11 CDs kernel and battery life seems to be fine until I go on an angry birds marathon.

7. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Myn's batt tweak looks complicated.

8. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

The battery tweak is only for the stock kernel. It should not be used with any custom kernels, especially those with HAVS.

9. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Almost the same results for me. No task killers, no SetCPU, appx. the same usage as you ( but I had 50 texts), less download, but more surfing, and I was without signal for 6% of the time. I do use JuiceDefender. I also use System Panel to monitor just in case somethng starts going funky.

So these are my stats, running Myn's RLS 2, Kings #11 kernel, gmail auto-pushing, weather bug set to "follow me", nothing auto-syncing (expect gmail), gps on all the time, wifi auto on/off using Y5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. sbmf66

Not using the stock kernel is probably part of the issue. I did add the tweak and have kings # 9. Should I start over without that kernel and keep the tweak or try # 11 without tweak?

Suggestions are appreciated.

11. TheManRSW

TheManRSW Well-Known Member

I've been running Warm twopointtwo with King's #9 bfs with outstanding battery life. I get 12-15 hours on a regular basis while using the phone moderately. I usually text 20-25 a day. Stream Pandora for at least 3 hours a day. Receive 5-10 emails a day. Use internet for 10-15 minutes. I do not use any task killers or set cpu. I haven't ran it long...about three days now, but I'm loving the battery and speed.