Rooted stock 2.1

Last Updated:

1. swapped

swapped Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a stock 2.1 rom i could flash that also has root. I dont want any of the other stuff the other roms have. Wife has 1.5 stock. I have the latest damged rom. I would like to upgrade hers to latest radio, latest boot rom etc and just 2.1 stock rom with root access.

Or has anyone found a root for 2.1 so i could just install that and root it?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Stock 2.1 Hasn't been rooted yet...When it is, there will be an announcement I'm sure...

3. tailsthecat

tailsthecat Well-Known Member

im anxious to get my stock 2.1 rooted and delete those useless sprint apps

4. bizarrogreg

bizarrogreg Well-Known Member

You can upgrade your radio on a rooted phone. Check geekfor.me for radio download and instructions. You can also download fresh 2.1.2 there which is the best2.1 rom I have used so far. It has just the basics and a few things taken out that you can get back by downloading the zip on the site.

5. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

There are numerous people that have reported issues with that ROM. I personally would not flash it, but that is just my personal opinion.

7. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

That ROM is identical to the released update from Sprint, read the first page.
    Damage added SU & Busybox as far as I know.

As far as issues, yes, read through the thread, but some have been simple.

In contrast, I had a doozy! All I can tell you is it doesn't play nice with the 1.6.2 recovery, so I would suggest keeping your recovery to 1.5.2 if you want to use it. I tried to update it to the 1.6.2 recovery image and is where I had a problem. Now, it may or may NOT have been from the ROM, but basically there were folder permissions that changed and prevented me from flashing anything to the phone. It was able to be bypassed and I now have the recovery console back so I can flash any other rom or return to the official 1.5, not that I ever would want to... lol, it's comforting just knowing I can.

That said, the ROM is awesome, works well. All is as reported as with the official Sprint 2.1 so look there for what's in it.

2 things that are way different I have noticed... one is battery life while not in use is just ridiculously low, which is a good thing. I have also read that resetting battery statistics on the phone and recalibrating the battery will make it last like 3 days, lol... (Root Phones only) will try that tonight. Two is... I really don't like what they did with the Camera menu, but I'm willing to give it some time to get used to it. Other than that... I noticed in the People that there is no ability to assign a ringtone per individual? Am I missing something? lol... anyway, any other Q's, just ask...

Happy Trails!
    :cool:

EDit:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=681697

8. bizarrogreg

bizarrogreg Well-Known Member

I haven't personally had any issues with it. Some people are far too picky. Besides, stock 2.1 has had more from what I have heard. You can always flash another rom if you don't like it.

9. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Stock 2.1, not the SPRINT 2.1... there is a lot Sprint took out of the update.
    But if you value those features and or functions, yes, you might want to load a different ROM. I'm happy with the basic features, don't tether so really I'm good with it. Everything else I have tried so far has worked without ANY problems, no lag, no audio issues, etc.

:)

10. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

fresh 2.1.2 is running mighty fine for me. it is pretty much stock besides the wireless tether and launcher pro.

11. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

I guess I got lucky then cause the ROM runs just fine for me. The keyboard and dialer lag are annoying, but I would get that with just about any ROM so no biggie.