Rooted stock HTC froyo (2.10.405.8)

Last Updated:

1. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've uploaded a pre-rooted version of HTC's latest ROM. This is basically stock with root, except I've disabled the annoying boot sound.

It includes radio 5.09.05.30_2.

To install you must be rooted with custom recovery. A full wipe shouldn't be necessary if you're currently on an official rom, since this isn't modified from stock. Do a nandroid backup before you install.

There's no changelog from 2.09.405.8, but I've noticed my GPS problems went away.

edit: new download links, so now pointing to XDA thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=773997

Advertisement
  2. AgentBEATS

AgentBEATS Member

So I just flashed this onto my desire and now it just hangs at the boot up animation. The animation plays, it finishes and just waits there, then starts again. Any help?

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Try a battery pull. Sometimes this will kick it into starting up. Failing that yopu may need to go into recovery and restore to a previous rom using a nandroid backup

4. AgentBEATS

AgentBEATS Member

So then failing to have a working nandroid backup am I screwed? I was following a guide for when I first flashed on LeeDrOiD and made a backup as it recommended, but going from LeeDrOiD to this I did not. So when I try to fastboot the backup it fails.

5. SUroot

What did you back up first? Assume it was rooted? You could always restore that and flash this again via rom manager. All you need really is a working platform.

If you can get into clockworkmod recovery, you could even try and reflash direct from there.

Edit>Always do a nandroid backup before flashing a new rom. ..And titanium too.

6. SUroot

Actually, I'm putting that in my signature.

7. AgentBEATS

AgentBEATS Member

I know I should have... now. I can get into the clockwork recovery, but I can't seem to run any backup, assuming I even have one made correctly, which I am starting to doubt.

I originally backed up (or thought I did) the rooted stock firmware I had before flashing LeeDrOiD. When I was displeased with LeeDrOiD I tried to use rom manager to restore my backup, but it failed. You pointed me towards this stock froyo rom and I proceeded to try and flash straight too it. Which has resulted in this.

I sincerely hope that I did not just ultimately ruin my less than 2 week old phone.

8. teppic74

I wouldn't go from a custom ROM to this without doing a full wipe first. If you're coming from a stock ROM it would be ok.

If you just go into custom recovery and do a wipe it should boot fine.

9. SUroot

Try and reflash the rom (or any rom) from clockworkmod recovery to get a working phone

If the rom is not on your SD card, boot into clockworkmod recovery, go to mounts and Storage>mount SD card>Mount USB storage WHilst connected to your PC. Drop whichever rooted rom you want on there.

Unmount, then go to Install zip from SD card.

10. SUroot

Ahh try this first if you haven't wiped.

11. teppic74

Incidentally, this ROM is about as close as you can get to the official HTC ROM while keeping root. It has no mods (except essential stuff that won't affect anything), no apps removed, no apps updated.

12. ongpangtau

ongpangtau New Member

Hi teppic74,

Thank you very much of uploaded the pre-rooted ROM. Before I proceed with the rooting (I am having the same radio version 5.09.05.30_2 on my current HTC Desire) mind to advise me further on the statement you quoted..."To install you must be rooted with customer recovery"? It would be nice if you could pointed me to a link on how to get more info on this matter. Thank you in advance.

I am new to "Android world" and my device is on the official ROM Froyo 2.2 (out from the box) too. I read that AgentBEATS is having some problem...I am writing this to you is just to ensure I am following the right provedures and most importantly is fully understand your statement correctly (without assuming).

I read this post carefully (and in fact many times just to ensure I really understand the procedures of rooting). However there are some "terms" which I am not really understand at all. I hope you could further advise me too.

In your replied post to AgentBEATS, the statement "If you're coming from a stock ROM it would be ok". Does it means that I can directly apply your "pre-rooted stock HTC froyo (2.10.405.2)" into my HTC Desire? It would be kind of you to point me to a tutorial how could I acheive this too. Thank you very much.

Note: This is the only forum I registered and I am yet to find out others. So, I post my first question here. Please enlighten me too. Thanks.

13. mmorpheus1

mmorpheus1 Member

Works fine , thanx.

Just flashed over previous rooted 2.2 rom. all is well , no data lost :)

just modded it a bit to my taste but would recomend this rom if you like stock roms.

Thanks again Teppic74 ;)

14. Rew

Rew Well-Known Member

Just flashed this over old 2.2 rooted stock and no problems yet, all working great. Apps on my SD card still all work.

Nice clean stock ROM :)

15. teppic74

16. teppic74

I've updated this now to the new stock release 2.29.405.2.

Same thread as above.

17. MrJRBM

MrJRBM New Member

Hi, I have a quick question.

Will this work on CDMA networks, or is it GSM only?

18. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

19. MrJRBM

MrJRBM New Member

Awesome! Thanks!

Oh, and I agree with your sig...Motorola can bite it.