• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted stuck on Splash screen what to do?

Adabow

Jun 3, 2010
Ok I had the Virtuous v 2.6 with clockwork recover and S-off. I was using the phone today and it just froze so I rebooted and it stayed on the splash screen so I rebooted to hboot and then went to recovery which wont open it just goes to splash screen. So I did the downgrade back to 1.00 radio and .77 HBOOT to try and start over and it still gets stuck on the flash screen. Please someone what do I do?

Ok I had the Virtuous v 2.6 with clockwork recover and S-off. I was using the phone today and it just froze so I rebooted and it stayed on the splash screen so I rebooted to hboot and then went to recovery which wont open it just goes to splash screen. So I did the downgrade back to 1.00 radio and .77 HBOOT to try and start over and it still gets stuck on the flash screen. Please someone what do I do?

Wow, that's a serious stroke of bad luck right there. So I'm assuming you followed the .77/1.0 radio thread from XDA? Meaning you are now back to stock and unrooted?

Upvote 0
Ok I am at the complete stock radio which is 1.ect and the 2.1 android but like I said earlier I cant get past the splash screen. Hboot works fine but the recovery wont start it just goes to the splash screen. Any suggestions for the next step I should take. S-Off is still set. Is there any way to put it back to S-on and just take it in since its still under the 1 year manufacture warranty?

Upvote 0
so you were able to downgrade radio and rom but it still won't boot?
How do you know you are on 2.1 if the phone won't boot?

Were you overclocking?
Did you have set cpu to start on boot? My first guess would be an unstable kernel but what do i know.

i would try factory reset from hboot and see what happens.

Upvote 0
Well i fallowed all the directions and everything is installed and still no boot it is just stuck at the flash screen its almost like something is messed up deeper is there a way to format the partions or something. I dont know what to do other then restore it back to the factory 2.1 and 1 radio and try and take it into verizon. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones