Rooted to Froyo w/sense. Lost much space after restore

Last Updated:

1. mcnob

mcnob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As it says above really. I've rooted to the new Froyo with sense release (seems slow but stable) and all was well until I restored with mybackup pro. Some apps were missing even though they showed as installed and even so, I've got A LOT less internal memory than before and I'm still having to uninstall stuff

What's going on?

BTW, I thought Froyo was supposed to let you install apps to SD?!?!

Advertisement
  2. Mik3h

Mik3h Well-Known Member

Seetings > Applications > Manage Applications > *Choose application* > Move to SD card

Pryomancer likes this.
  3. mcnob

mcnob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yep tried that. Only one that allowed me the option to transfer to SD actually transferred. All others that gave the option just failed to transfer.

Seriously, it seems that web browsing is building up a much bigger cache on internal memory than before as well.

May just have to clear it and try a stock froyo ROM.

4. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

which 2.2 w sense rom are you using? I am using the 'opendesire/adamg 2.2 w sense' and without any issue. It certainly isnt slow, but I would be hard pushed to say how much faster the user experience is over stock 2.1sense.
    The a2sd you are referring to needs you to partition your sdcard, which can be done through ROMManager amongst other ways.