Rooted user in need of help.

1. thecityboy781

thecityboy781 Member

So long story short i rooted my HTC One and the ROM messed up my phone and stupid me didnt do a backup so if i D/L a RUU will it restore my phone or am i SOL?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome thecityboy781 :)

I believe and ruu will unroot your device and although I am not that familiar with your device, you could always download another rom and flash it.
    Just be sure that the rom is compatible with your device and carrier:)
    Can you still boot into recovery?
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. thecityboy781

thecityboy781 Member

yes im d/l the RUU as i type this yes i'm on the fastboot screen
  4. Mikestony

Before you run this ruu, (like I said, I don't know your device that well, and it may not be as simple as running the ruu....others who know your device will have better advice for you if you want to do that but..) have you tried another rom?
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. thecityboy781

thecityboy781 Member

no cause stupid me relocked the bootloader so my phone doesnt have nothing on the memory card =[
  6. Mikestony

scotty85 and thecityboy781 like this.
  7. thecityboy781

thecityboy781 Member

the RUU worked, thanks giving you some credit lol
    Mikestony likes this.
  8. Mikestony

Oh nice!! Glad you got it working:D
    scotty85 likes this.
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Glad you are sorted. If you find yourself stuck in the future,you can easily just relock the bootloader,and you can use the sideload feature to flash a new rom and get up and running without an ruu.

You might also consider becoming s off. S off makes recovery of soft bricked devices much easier,so as long as your able to use some caution what you flash,s off is IMO much,much better :)
    Mikestony likes this.