1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[rooted user] Solution to allow cut and paste in stock text app

1. ak_android

ak_android New Member

I recently got my unlocked HTC One and I absolutely love this phone but there is one major thing I miss from my old Galaxy S3. On my GS3 I was able to cut and paste photos directly from the web into a text message. The HTC One won't do it. You can copy the photo to the clipboard but when you paste it to a text message it just shows up as a little blue box with the letters "OBJ" in the center. I've tried downloading 3rd party clipboard and mms apps but nothing seems to works. It's just a few extra annoying steps to have to save the image and then attach through the gallery. Has anybody else had this problem or know a way around it? My phone is now rooted so I'm open to any work around. Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Well-Known Member

Why not just send the link for the photo? It gives you an option for that. Either way the recipient will need to have 3G, 4G, or WiFi on to download a photo if you could just send the image. Sending a link maybe quicker but accomplishes the same thing.
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Since you are a rooted user, i have moved your discussion to the rooted section since you have mentioned you are willing to modify the stock ROM.

for the stock configuration, it seems you can directly paste the image from a web browser directly into the text app. your workaround, i.e., save image to a folder then paste into stock app, is the solution for stock configuration.

If this is not the proper carrier (you did not specify your carrier so i took a guess), I am happy to move it to the proper carrier rooting sub forum. :)
    scotty85 likes this.