Rooted w/ unrEVOked beta!

Last Updated:

1. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well..... that was pretty damn easy! I wasn't even planning on doing it last night; just wanted to get the drivers/programs/etc all in line and wait for the official release. But once I actually sat down at the computer to get everything together I realized there wasn't much of anything needed for this other than the unrEVOked program (beta from the IRC channel) and the appropriate drivers.

Thanks to all on here for all the information!

Any suggestions on "must have" apps to use on my rooted, otherwise stock, Incredible?

I'm currently playing with WiFi Tethering and LEDs Hack. Other than that, I'd love to hear what you'd recommend!

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

I have a list on my site of the apps I really like, but for root, my must haves are titanium backup, rom manager, & setcpu. Nice to have's are quadrant & linpack, to gauge performance after switching ROMS, kernels, profiles, etc.

3. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, your site was very helpful in outlining the root process for me. I'll take another gander at your apps list!

4. Kubla

Kubla Active Member

I rooted my Stock Froyo Incredible today amistd much sweating and anguish.

I started by downloading the SDK package. That took over an hour to download and install.

Next, my Windows 7 didn't want me to install the upgraded USB drivers. Kept saying that the ones I had were the best ones. I kept at it and about 30 minutes later they installed.

When I started the reflash program, it went well. Afterwards I did the Nandroid thing.

Everything seems to work as normal and I'm glad I did it. I really was concerned about bricking my phone, but it didn't happen yet.

Now, I'm going to try and get rid of some of the bloatware.

Thanks to this Forum, I now have a new phone that looks like the old one, but isn't.

5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

You have to actually try to brick, or have no patience.

6. Kubla

Kubla Active Member

I just discovered that I'm having trouble booting into hboot. I hold volume down and press power, then I get 5 vibrations and a blank screen. Pulled the battery and tried over and over. No Hboot. Just blank.

Am I doing something wrong??

The regular boot up is fine.

Just found that my battery is at 1/2. Plugged in to charge and HBoot is fine. Thanks.