• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rooted] Will not reboot following system update

Hi,

I accepted a HTC system update today. The phone was fully charged and connected to my MacBook. When asked to install the update I agreed allowing the phone to shut down. The phone will now not re-start, the HTC screen turns on for a few seconds and the then phone turns off and repeats this over and over.

I have tried leaving it with the power cord attached. I have tried going to the reboot page and tried Fastboot, Recovery and Factory Reset, with each the problem remains that the phone will not get past the first screen and just keeps shutting down and restarting. It will not turn off and stay off when I hold the power button. The following is displayed on the reboot screen:

***LOCKED***
ENDEAVORU XE SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-2.1204.135.20
eMMC-bootmode:disabled
CPU-bootmode:disabled
HW Secure boot:disabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
Jun 28 2012, 11:31:28

Your help would be really appreciated, thanks.

I'm surprised that HTC is providing system updates three years later, over the air.

As you probably know, the phone's firmware was modified to begin with.

The problem would be caused by not running stock software, although that would normally cause the over the air update to fail.

In any case, the only thing to do now will be to install a custom recovery and custom rom.

I'll be helping someone else with a One X tomorrow or the next day and I can help with yours at that time if you're not familiar with the steps.

Upvote 0
It's a phone I bought via Ebay and received earlier this week via Singapore, I don't know if that makes any difference. The update came up at the top of the screen, I didn't search for an update etc, so I presume it was direct from HTC, I'm sure it said it was.

Yes, please, I would like to follow that thread tomorrow for the custom recovery. Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Upvote 0
Hi,

The exact same thing happened with my HTC one x today, bought it from ebay from China and accepted the system update. When I plug it in to charge it starts boot cycling, getting to the HTC screen and then turning off and repeating. My computer isn't connecting to it and a factory reset doesn't work, the phone just turns off and then if I plug it in the boot cycle happens again.

Please please please could you help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones