• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted with Custom ROM Velocity .4 but NOW WHAT?

1yoyo105

Dec 27, 2010
I have it working perfectly but now what? its been speeded up with SetCPU it has adblocker but big whoop. i want to do more!!! is there other stuff you guys know about? i want better root apps and better themes! you guys know of any? i will greatly appreciate if you guys would let me know.:)

I have it working perfectly but now what? its been speeded up with SetCPU it has adblocker but big whoop. i want to do more!!! is there other stuff you guys know about? i want better root apps and better themes! you guys know of any? i will greatly appreciate if you guys would let me know.:)

No one can really answer that question for you, as we all have varied and diverse interests. You need to ask yourself the question "Why did I want to root in the first place?" What sort of things do you want to do with your phone? Have any hobbies? Into sports? Are you health conscious? Do you want to do your banking on your smartphone? Are you crazy about music? Then go look in the Market along those lines.

As for themes, my favorite app is Fancy Widget, which is free. There is also LauncherPro, ADW, and Zeam, as well as a bunch of others I've never tried. All of these launchers have special features which make them superior to the stock launcher. Again - search the Market.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure if you expend a little time and effort browsing the Market, you'll end up with a phone that is uniquely you. And that's really what rooting is all about in the first place.

Upvote 0
a couple good root apps to look at are
.wireless tether (makes wifi from phone)
.Titanium Backup (back-up, restore, and freeze apps)
.Rom manager (organizes recoveries and roms)
.Metamorph (custom themes)
.Bettercut (different pictures for apps)
for theming i recomend you use the guide at the top of this forum
'or'
you could go to: droidpirate.com (NOTE: when you use droid pirate, beware that some theming parts can/will brick your phone, i would make a nandroid backup before you try anything.)

PM me if you want me to test something on DP or for any questions

Reactions: 1yoyo105
Upvote 0
a couple good root apps to look at are
.wireless tether (makes wifi from phone)
.Titanium Backup (back-up, restore, and freeze apps)
.Rom manager (organizes recoveries and roms)
.Metamorph (custom themes)
.Bettercut (different pictures for apps)
for theming i recomend you use the guide at the top of this forum
'or'
you could go to: droidpirate.com (NOTE: when you use droid pirate, beware that some theming parts can/will brick your phone, i would make a nandroid backup before you try anything.)

PM me if you want me to test something on DP or for any questions
metamorph does not work on my phone for some reason. bettercut i will look up thats cool! ill try out droidpirate! thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
No one can really answer that question for you, as we all have varied and diverse interests. You need to ask yourself the question "Why did I want to root in the first place?" What sort of things do you want to do with your phone? Have any hobbies? Into sports? Are you health conscious? Do you want to do your banking on your smartphone? Are you crazy about music? Then go look in the Market along those lines.

As for themes, my favorite app is Fancy Widget, which is free. There is also LauncherPro, ADW, and Zeam, as well as a bunch of others I've never tried. All of these launchers have special features which make them superior to the stock launcher. Again - search the Market.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure if you expend a little time and effort browsing the Market, you'll end up with a phone that is uniquely you. And that's really what rooting is all about in the first place.
those market theme apps never work for me. im talking ones that you download with rom manager and .zip files. as for all those market apps made for me i have those.

Upvote 0
metamorph does not work on my phone for some reason. bettercut i will look up thats cool! ill try out droidpirate! thanks a lot.

also with metamorph i usually have to try installing the theme 5 or 6 times, and droidpirate will be useless until you figure out metamorph because thats what puts the zip file onto your framework, but other than that im glad i could help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones