rooting 2.1 ROMS

Last Updated:

1. reznorfan0

reznorfan0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm rooted, and swap roms, backup everything pretty confidently (thanks again to Joe for helping me get in the pool).

But there are some things I don't understand. I really want to go to a 2.1 ROM. I've tried a few with verying degrees of happyness, and some of the later ones I've tried just send me through enless reboot cycles. I've tried Pete's new one (figuring if anybody put out something dependable it would be him) and though it boots up FAST and runs great, after playing around for a while it sends me through reboot cycles and freezes up.

I always follow all instructions to the "T", so it makes no sense that others are having success when I am not. Is there some other process that I have to go through that are just unspoken "common sense" steps among the more advanced users that aren't outlined in install instructions? Or am I just supposed to let the phone do it's thing for a while after installing? It just makes me nervouse when it is looping through 3-5 reboots in a row.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Are you wiping everything? If you know adb then I would do the 3 format commands (system, data, cache) or at least do it in sprecovery, and use a nandroid backup of it.

3. reznorfan0

reznorfan0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yup, I follow petes advice, wipe twice before installing anything (in SPRrecovery, I don't do anything in adb unless instructions specifically say to do so, and have everything laid out step by step).

Do everything (except beast updates) through nandroid backup restores. I have no issues doing 2.0.1 rom installations or restorign my own backups, its just 2.1 that's giving me headaches.

Other people are reporting great success with Petes new 2.1 rom, so I don't know why it isn't working for me.