Rooting 2.2 on a mac?

Last Updated:

1. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think i saw something on xda the other day but now i cant find it! I google searched and came up empty handed... So ill ask here, is there a way to root 2.2 from a mac yet? And if so has anyone done it? I want to dive in and root but I don't have a pc! Any ways thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Kindly see this thread - it's windows-specific but with a few comments by yours truly to help Mac users. (READ, read, read the entire first post and its links before starting in.)

I rooted with a much earlier method (doesn't seem to have the necessary files available anymore) but between a little Mac advice, that thread, and others here, no doubt we'll get you there.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/159124-new-rooting-procedure-explained.html

wrapkgb likes this.
  3. wrapkgb

Thanks earlymon! I guess I just overlooked it since I thought htc sync was required... I havent read the whole thread yet but im sure it should get me to where I need to be! Thanks again!

4. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

I jsut did it last night, so it works :)

Id tell you what i did, but....i have nooooooo idea what i did....haha
    What EarlyMon said will get you there. Just READ, read, read, like he said. I did about a month of on and off research before diving it.

Good luck!!

wrapkgb likes this.
  5. wrapkgb

Thanks for the reassurance!

6. surfologist87

Youre welcome :)
    I am compiling a text document with tips and a lot of links for a friend. If i can get it to look good ill copy it to a message for you.
    Look around this section, and read on XDA forums and you will learn a tonnnnn. Theres a lot of good links and itll take some time to read, but well worth it.

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I see a lot of Mac users needing this sort of help in the other forums - it seems that even tho the steps vary, the overall Mac info is really helpful to them to get aligned with the process.

I'm wondering - if you can get it to look good - including Print/Save to PDF - you could post it here as a simple attachment and I'll spread the word.

Not looking to obligate you - just saying, many others might really appreciate it if you're willing and able. :)

8. surfologist87

I didnt see this reply, sorry!
    But i can do that. It may take me some time..I eneded up changing methods and running the RUU and then starting over with unrevoked 3.2 and now everything is running pretty darn smooth.

But since 3.2 is currently unavailable, want me to hold off until the updated version comes out, or not?