• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting after 1.1.0 update?

trankster

May 3, 2010
Irvine, CA
I updated my NC to 1.1.0 and am running the Auto-nooter. I don't know if this is normal, but it seems to be taking awhile to root. After inserting the micro-SD card (with Auto-rooter) and cable, the screen is dark except for the "n" displays and has not rebooted yet. It has been this way for about an hour and no re-boot yet. Am I locked up, or does the Auto-rooter take a long time to root? :thinking: Thanks.

I updated my NC to 1.1.0 and am running the Auto-nooter. I don't know if this is normal, but it seems to be taking awhile to root. After inserting the micro-SD card (with Auto-rooter) and cable, the screen is dark except for the "n" displays and has not rebooted yet. It has been this way for about an hour and no re-boot yet. Am I locked up, or does the Auto-rooter take a long time to root? :thinking: Thanks.

Autonooter does not support 1.1 nooks. Hope your nook is ok.

Upvote 0
I had to wipe and reset back to factory settings. All is fine (a few hours later), but unrooted. I will wait until the updated autonooter is available. Luckily I did not brick my NC. :eek:

Here is the 1.0.1 update: link

Put it on the main directory of your NC after plugging it into the PC, then eject. It takes a couple minutes for NC to see it and reboot to install it.

Then autonooter and go through all the steps. You can then apply the pre-rooted 1.1 update and you are golden: [ROM] Nook Color V1.1.0_r2 [01/29/2011] - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ok, let me see if i got this right:

Wife's NC is on 1.1.
write 2.12.25 img to sd card
NC off
install sd card into NC
connect USB cable (leave NC off?)
remove sd card after new boot animation
enable soft keys
enable market (though i don't see where market would be in those directions)

Then DL nookcolor_v1.1.0_r2.zip
What does compare MD5 hashes mean?
place on sd card
reboot into recovery from ROM Manager
install zip from sd card
choose zip from sd card
install
Done?

Will I need SD card again or are all power off/on auto to this?

Upvote 0
Do you have a link to the image?

Here's the thread but I just found out that this isn't the official Autonooter. Apparently, someone decided to make it. I can tell you that it works. I used this img file on my nook. One thing that I have yet to try but I heard was an issue with this img, someone reported they had issues with bootloops with Clockwork Mod.
The original creators of Autonooter said that the "official" Auto nooter will come out soon. I'm not sure if there will be any differences between these two img files.

Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 (1.1 only) - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Thank you very much !

If something goes wrong (ok, you can call it paranoia), can I turn back?

How do I return to the original settings?

There's a couple of ways.

1: You can do the full factory reset. Force reboot 8 times process.
2: Using Clockwork Recovery, you can flash stock zips.

If you every want to go back, just ask and someone here will more than likely assist you.

Upvote 0
I was able to root version 1.1 with Auto-nooter 3.0.0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=942424 :D.
NookZeam.png

Upvote 0
I have Zeam launcher installed. I was able to install widgets with a long press, but had to drag the apps from the app screen. If you press the the 4x4 apps box at the bottom of the screen, this brings up the apps screen. You can then do a long press on a selected app and then drag until it appears on the home screen. It took some trial and error to figure it out.

You need to open the superuser app to enable the softkeys as superuser. I also discovered a "trick" for moving back. Swype across the black bar at the bottom of the screen which does the same thing as the back key.

Reactions: Chris H
Upvote 0
I have Zeam launcher installed. I was able to install widgets with a long press, but had to drag the apps from the app screen. If you press the the 4x4 apps box at the bottom of the screen, this brings up the apps screen. You can then do a long press on a selected app and then drag until it appears on the home screen. It took some trial and error to figure it out.

You need to open the superuser app to enable the softkeys as superuser. I also discovered a "trick" for moving back. Swype across the black bar at the bottom of the screen which does the same thing as the back key.

That's zeam? Your dock bar looks diffirent from mine. Yours looks more like adw or launcherpro. I like yours better.

Upvote 0
That's zeam? Your dock bar looks diffirent from mine. Yours looks more like adw or launcherpro. I like yours better.
You are correct, the original screen shot was launcher pro. I replaced the screen shot in my post above with Zeam. I like the ability to add/remove from the dock. I had no need for phone, etc. in LP and could not find a way to remove or change. The new screen shot has some new apps, plus I tried Smart Shortcuts (Games). I am spending way too much time with this :eek: but having fun.

Upvote 0
Zeam was the fix I needed. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Those of you that used the new "unofficial auto nooter 3.0" have you ran into any problems? I'm thinking about rooting my Wife's nook, but hesitant at the moment.

I read that there are some problems with ADB after using this auto nooter?

No issues yet. For a moment, my children's book (the ones that can read to you) weren't loading but after a reboot it seems ok now. I don't use ADB that much so I can't speak to that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones