Rooting after flashing ESE53?

Last Updated:

1. scheng12

scheng12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been reading around trying to figure out the whole ESE53 thing before I try it. The post on alldroid linked in the sticky says that it will wipe my phone and unroot it. A couple of questions arise from that. What exactly is wiped? And is the re-rooting process the same? Can I use DMupdater to root it again?

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I have flashed many flavors of 53 and never lost root. A few apps have problems with busybox which was easily corrected. Wiping will delete your programs, program and system data. Use Titanium to back up your programs and program data. You should still be able to download your paid apps again from the market but Titanium is a time saver. I can also save your system data but I would recommend reconfiguring system data from scratch which will yield better results.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Remember that a data wipe will only wipe the PHONE'S data, not your SD card. So everything on the card will remain intact. That was a reassuring reality for me when I flashed ESE53. And I didn't lose root.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

dont use the ese53 sbf file if that is what your talking about because yes you will lose root. What you should do is use one of the roms based off ese53 like petes or chevys.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk