Rooting after Telus OTA Froyo update?

Last Updated:

1. Dangry

Dangry Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been looking around but I still haven't found a clear answer yet.

I recently did the Telus OTA Froyo update and now I am wondering if I can still root my phone? Did I screw the pooch buy installing the update?
    And it would seem most of the benefits of rooting were addressed in the update but I am interested in overclocking, better apps and partitioning.

Seems like even with the update I still can't move all my apps to my SD card as I thought I might be able to and I've been told that is the dev's problem and not Google but with rooting can more be moved to my SD?
    So any help on this stuff would be great.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You can still root. Unrevoked 3.21

You will find a custom Rom with a2SD+ the best for apps to be on SD. Yes its all apps with a partition and associated dalvik cache too. More than any other method can boast

3. Dangry

Dangry Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you mucho! Could you possibly point me in the direction of some other information? I keep hearing about various "roms" and not sure how to tell what is going to work best for me. Is it a matter of the rom I use or is it more than that? I had an iphone that a friend gave to me so I jailbroke it and unlocked it to use as a toy. I assume that rooting is a bit more complex that jailbreaking. So I would like to avoid excessive loading and unloading roms unless its no big deal. I have seen vids on unlocking but not sure all the nuances in the different roms..... How's that for a "short winded" question! hahaha
    Thanks!

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Itdepends what you're after Rom wise. I assume you want sense? Search here for a thread by teppic74. He has a Rom that is rooted stock. If you use a2SD+ you need to partition.your SD first though.

Dangry likes this.