Rooting an Xperia X10 from Rogers? Here is something good to know!

Last Updated:

1. dgiaffe

dgiaffe Active Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 13, 2010
    Hey all, I just rooted my phone and tought everything was fine, because I was able to browse on the Internet OTA. However, after some time I noticed my widgets were not updating, I couldn't connect to the Android Market, I wasn't able to get on Maps neither in Facebook. I tried redowngrading, tried to do a restore of the Build I had (couldn't find one though), tried to do the root procedure again, it still wasn't working. I finally found this. This made the trick after a bunch of research. The procedure on this same website seems pretty clear. Not sure if those could or should be added to the sticky... I think I would of followed that procedure instead since there was no indication on how to find the DeviceID on xda's and I had to do a research myself. Plus, it tells about the APN settings lost with Rogers. Yours to decide if that should be sticked or not ;) Totally loving Android :D

santu9191 likes this.
  2. sparkdroid

sparkdroid Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    After you rooted your phone, did you install a custom ROM? Or did you just root it?

The reason I ask is that I have an x10a on Rogers that I rooted with the "one click root" method and had no issues at all.

Just curious.