Rooting and Bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. stricklerjosh

stricklerjosh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am really thinking hard about rooting, but I just got a new head unit in my car and it connects perfectly to my Hero, so I can do hands free and so I can stream my music. Has anyone had any issues flashing a new rom (probably fresh 1.1) and the bluetooth. I also am very new to this and I have read the sticky over and over and it sounds really easy. Just still unsure. How do I get all the different tool bars etc...is it just like flashing a rom? Any help would be greatful
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

I have not had any problems using my bluetooth headset with Fresh1.1 and Gumbo.

3. nickc71

nickc71 Active Member

My experience is that when I fresh and gumbo - my device performs MUCH slower on Bluetooth and the songs sound warped (as if they were playing slower)... I've tried this on a few BT headsets with the same result... Also, opening up any program seems to take longer for me with BT on for some reason... Of course, with BT off its much faster in just about all ways when rooted...

4. stricklerjosh

stricklerjosh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, just an update for those who care...after rooting with Fresh 1.1 and Gumbo kernal...my bluetooth actually works better than it did before...much faster connection.
    Love it!!!