Rooting and CyanogenmodSupport

Last Updated:

1. Viperlx

Viperlx Member This Topic's Starter

Well I am completely stumped. I am trying to root my droid and install a cyanogenmod rom. Is it even possible on this phone? I look everyone and cant really find anything on this issue. I dont understand what dream and I forget the other. Anyway anyone can enlighten me on these simple matters? Thanks much!

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

http://androidforums.com/how-tips/29204-how-root-install-droid-2-1-a.html

It's basically the same idea for any other ROMs, though they now come in different flavors (nandroid, update.zip, or straight up .roms).

Make sure you use the latest recovery image from sirphycos found at sholes.info

btw, Cyanogen only works on HTC products. We won't be seeing any of his work on the Droid, unless some other dev takes the time to port it over.

3. Viperlx

Viperlx Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the heads on up the cyanogenmod on just htc. it would explain why i cant get it. I just thought it worked on motorola for some reason. now which of those roms are best?

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

The best roms right now are the ones that use 2.0.1 as a base, and apply the 2.1 ported app over it.

I would recommend Pete's Bugless ROMs or the new Sholes.info team 1.2 ROM. Both are very good.

Shouldn't be linking to them, but if you do a Google search for 'Pete Bugless', you'll find it.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Hmmm, trying to follow this, but I am getting lost - finally got the root done correctly (helps if I read the app and realize that it FCs the first time after timing out and I just need to restart) and now I see you saying to use the Sholes.info 1.2 - only on the page last shows 1.1....

I am basically in it to test out the OCs, so I suppose I need to find Pete's somewhere and use it, but I follow the same instructions as in Pede7's post, just replacing the HC 2.1 with the Pete's, right?

6. johnlgalt

I think I got it now - applying Sholes 1.2 - let's see what happens.

7. johnlgalt

Need to figure out a root, recovery console to apply the WiFi fix