Rooting and Flashing WCX Sense ATT Vivid ICS 3.6 Initial Release

1. chall80

chall80 Well-Known Member

Ok kiddies...I finally succeeded! After much heartache and sorrow, flip flopping around as to whether or not root, and general discontent with a stock ICS update(that Woodsy and Rico have heard about to no end....)...I finally decided to root. After lots of trial and error, and lots of help from everyone at www.wcxxperia-nce.com for walking me through the process. The process is mildly complicated, and not exactly beginner level...but having lots of experience flashing rom's on my Inspire I was somewhere in the middle. So far, this ROM is super smooth...it is much faster, and very stable. He is working on a generic ROM that is competely ATT free, and has Wifi Hotspot Tethering unlocked. Can't wait!

All in all I am super happy with the rom, and now am super comfortable with the process required to set up the phone to flash. I'm getting ready to start compiling comprehensive "Work Instructions" on how to flash it. Anybody interested??

Advertisement
    :
  2. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

You know i am!:eek:
  3. chall80

I'm typing it up in a Word Document that I'll copy and paste when I'm finished. I want to make sure that its right, without having to try and edit in the text box...LOL!

Its pretty comprehensive, but not difficult...
    woodsytattooman likes this.
  4. chall80

Rooting Instructions
    Hasoon2000 created his Vivid All-In-One Kit V1.2 and posted it on XDA. The link to the download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bxfd2j5ia6yfxgu Download this kit to handle all your rooting needs. This kit is pretty much fool proof. If you follow the instructions and do the steps in order, you will be fine! USB Debugging must be enabled. From the home screen TAP settings, TAP develop options, TAP USB Debugging
    You should take care when getting the token ID that you only highlight the areas that are clearly marked by HTC
    bradhoschar and Xavierdean like this.
  5. chall80

I have written the work instructions regarding WCX. I have asked Homeslice976 to proof them and help me publish...stand by!
    woodsytattooman likes this.
  6. woodsytattooman

That's awesome.As big as this forum is there needs to be things like this in the rooting section.Thanks for all your hard work :D
  7. chall80

I just know how frustrating this is, and I just want to get it right for everyone else...
  8. chall80

Flashing WCX Sense ATT Vivid ICS 3.6 Initial Release
    **The following work instructions only apply to flashing WildChild
    Xavierdean and woodsytattooman like this.
  9. chall80

The previous post only pertains to flashing WCX...not other roms...I have some people working on cleaning up the verbage so as to enhance continuity, but the directions have been briefly looked over by the developer and given the stamp of approval...
  10. WCXWildChild

WCXWildChild Member

Xavierdean likes this.
  11. chall80

Xavierdean likes this.
  12. woodsytattooman

People are scared lol..:D
    I love the scrolling effect of the home screens.
  13. woodsytattooman

14. WCXWildChild

WCXWildChild Member

We have released another build with 1512 kernel...this is the speed this device was meant to run at...
  15. chall80

Now that I have kernel issue worked out....ill be flashing it in the morning
  16. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

I updated to the official ics for vivid and I am stock does this root work for that or not? Crapware is killing me...need it gone asap...
  17. chall80

absolutely...no more bloatware! Processor clocked with new kernel to a true 1512(1.5GHz)...super smooth...super stable...
  18. chall80

Just an update....I'm on day 3 since the oc'd kernel update...no reboots. No issues...no bloat...lovin it
  19. spartyhd

spartyhd New Member

I'm a noob at this, so i'm going to try and explain the best i can. After the phone recognized the new image, i let i update both times, when it trys to reboot it shows the htc logo, vibrates, and goes to a black screen. What should it do. Please help.
  20. WCXWildChild

WCXWildChild Member

New builds are released as of 2:22 a.m.,

Enjoy
  21. WCXWildChild

WCXWildChild Member

We will be releasing a video tutorial for those who are nervous about flashing etc this evening...hopefully this will smooth some folks inhibitions about jumping into this whole procedure
  22. Droid_Genius

Yea must be nice, but Hasoon says perm root doesnt work for my vivid yet...so screwed, think I need to order that gsm galaxy nexus and not worry about skins and bloatware....
  23. Droid_Genius

Correction foot in mouth disease he just released the root fix in 2.0 lol
  24. jtitan0

jtitan0 Member

Does WiFi Tethering work on this? Thanks
  25. WCXWildChild

WCXWildChild Member