• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting and modding Philips 55PUS6561

Hi all! I just bought Philips 55PUS6561 TV android lollipop inside it. Philips just have spoiled the whole system. It is unbelievable slow for 1000€ TV os and it is filled with bloatware that you can't get rid of.

Is there any way to root it and mod it, uninstalling all apps you don't need and install what ever apk you want? Samsung Galaxy – Cesium SMS ringtone: https://ringtonesfree.info/samsung-galaxy-cesium-sms.html

Thanks for replies in advance!
ringtones free

Last edited:
Being a Philips, any attempt at root and modification will almost certainly invalidate the warranty. And for this device I don't think there is any documented and proven rooting available.

Could try something like Towelroot, but you're on your own I think, it may work, it may not work, or it may brick the TV and you have a €1000 euro doorstop. Here be dragons.

Reactions: Andrew Cole
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones