Rooting and Proximity Sensor

Last Updated:

1. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched the forums, and the xda forums and I haven't really been able to find a good answer on this...

If I root my phone is there an option/app that will let me disable the proximity sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

why would you want to? if you dont your face will push buttons when you talk on the phone

3. burningembers

It's unreliable and interferes with the way I use my phone. I would prefer to have full control by using the power button. I know from other forums other users agree, but still no luck finding a fix.

4. patkicks10

patkicks10 Well-Known Member

I think on froyo, when you hit the power button it ends the call.

5. burningembers

Ouch, that's really unfortunate to hear.

6. kachopra

kachopra Member

I'd really appreciate a way to disable the proximity sensor. the amount of times I hang up because it is unreliable is starting to really get to me.

7. burningembers

Definitely agree. Though this occurrence is more rare to me, because usually my sensor is over-sensitive:

* If I'm using a hands-free headset, its likely I'm doing other things on my phone - even the slightest hover over the sensor or a change in the shadows above me (maybe I walk under a low-hanging tree?) causes the screen to blank out, and it seems to have a delay in coming back on no matter what I do in terms of pushing the power button or clicking the volume.

It's pretty aggravating. I really wish there was an option to disable it completely, or at least disable it and fall-back on being able to lock/unlock my phone normally.