Rooting and Unrooting Questions

Last Updated:

1. tone

tone New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I plan on finally rooting my 2.1 Droid. I have contemplated it for a while, but I really want to do it for the Roms. I can't stand the Open Home force closes, and the way it has been lagging my phone. Here are my questions.

1. - This seems to be the simplest way to root a 2.1 Droid. Is it?

Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

2. - If I do root the phone, is there a way to complete revert back to stock 2.1? If so, how do I do this? This is my biggest concern, if for any reason I need to go back to complete stock (100% "unromed" without a trace) is it possible? (Also, I don't mind an OTA update w/ some sort of Factory Restore)

I searched for this, and I really do apologize if this has been clarified somewhere else.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Advertisement
  2. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

3. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

4. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member

I too finally gave in to giving this rooting a whirl. While I was scared to death I was going to brick this $600 phone, I wanted more speed (and of course the ROMS). There are 2 very good videos on droid-life.com under the root section, which I followed. It is alot easier than it seems. Once rooted, I would suggest getting ROM manager (free and premium) from market as well as set CPU to manage the max/min speed. Once SPrecovery is flashed, it becomes alot less nerveracking and fun! Happy Rooting! P.S. a rooted droid is a Beast!