• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROOTING: anything and everything

Hi I'm roberto from italy, i bought a motorola cliq on ebay, but when i received it was locked. Today I received from the seller the unlock code, but I don't know how to use it. When I turn on the phone it asks me the pin code, it does the login but then the phone doesn't read the contacts and it doesn't connect on the mobile network. Other things such as wifi work perfectly. Is not a sim problem because i tried also with other sim cards.

Can you help me please?
I want to use my cliq!!

thanks

Upvote 0
I am interested in rooting my cliq but am also worried of messing it up. Is there a full root or are there still some potential issues that we could run across. Also, not sure exactly what happens once we root... do we choose which rom we want to put on the phone? Where do we get such things? I guess I just don't fully understand how a root works though I am very curious. If anyone could give more detailed information about how rooting works and how the process is, I would soooo appreciate it!

Upvote 0
I am interested in rooting my cliq but am also worried of messing it up. Is there a full root or are there still some potential issues that we could run across. Also, not sure exactly what happens once we root... do we choose which rom we want to put on the phone? Where do we get such things? I guess I just don't fully understand how a root works though I am very curious. If anyone could give more detailed information about how rooting works and how the process is, I would soooo appreciate it!

Hey Angie rooting is pretty easy and sweet. I rooted my Cliq and deleted some pre installed apps including the Happenings App. My phone last longer...No Roms yet though...rooting allows you to tweak the phone more to your liking by giving you full access to the system.
check this site...[ROOT] [ROM] The Dudes Root SHX and Custom ROM for CLIQ and DEXT v0.4.1 [12.26.2009] - ModMyMoto - Software Modding Forums and Updates for Motorola Phones
guys over there are really helpful

Upvote 0
Hey Angie rooting is pretty easy and sweet. I rooted my Cliq and deleted some pre installed apps including the Happenings App. My phone last longer...No Roms yet though...rooting allows you to tweak the phone more to your liking by giving you full access to the system.
check this site...[ROOT] [ROM] The Dudes Root SHX and Custom ROM for CLIQ and DEXT v0.4.1 [12.26.2009] - ModMyMoto - Software Modding Forums and Updates for Motorola Phones
guys over there are really helpful
Can anyone conclude if this is safe or anyway it can brick on any part of the process before I attempt this on mine which never in a 100 years would I have the money to get another if i brick it =]

Upvote 0
rooting the cliq has evolved into a pretty safe method. i did it with mine with limited knowledge and absolutely no trouble. go to modmymoto.com and there are plenty of user friendly methods that walk you through it step by step. i used the instructions on theunlockr.com and i had the process finished within 20 minutes How To: Root the Motorola CLIQ (Updated 04.09.10) | The Unlockr i would recommend using this over The Dudes method because you do not have to use RSD Lite, which can be a real hassle....The Unlockr's method, as you can see if you click on the link, was updated 04/09/10 so it is very current, and every step has an explanation.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones