Rooting AppsGeneral

1. Will rooting methods such as Universal Androot and Z4root work on the Precedent? Also, do these wipe everything like other methods of rooting do? If anyone has tried either of these, or anything similar, please let us know the results!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Well, yeah... I'll do that if there's no easier way, but I'd much rather use a one click application approach, which is why I was asking if anyone has tried any of them. I only want to go through with that ODIN method if it's the last resort.
  3. Also, with the two methods I mentioned, supposedly you'll be able to unroot and reroot whenever you want, which would be nice. I'm assuming there's still no way to unroot with Rtto/Odin... ?
  4. akashik

akashik Well-Known Member

No, flashing the ROM is a one way trip unless you reflash back to a non rooted version. I don't think there's a way to do this on this phone - one button root/ unroot
  5. Think there's any chance of bricking if I try them?
  6. sillyname

sillyname Well-Known Member

Using davew41's Odin image is the easiest most reliable method at the time of this writing to root the Precedent...

One can also unbrick the Precedent using the same ROM and method provided by davew41; I've unbricked mine twice. :p
  7. Gotta love how the question is being avoided completely...
  8. sillyname

9. akashik

akashik Well-Known Member

I've never used them so I have no idea. I'd suspect they'll just not work. Will they brick your phone? I don't know.
    NamelessMartyr likes this.
  10. I did assume that, until I started reading on other forums, and found other possibilities. I thought that with all the developers in the world, there might be an easier way by now, but perhaps my hopes were too high.
  11. whompus60

whompus60 Well-Known Member

I really don't think it get's much easier then it is. Maybe more ways to go about it but not really easier.

Also thing is, most devs are simply not interested in the low end phones. So they consider it a waste of time working with them.
  12. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Took about 30 seconds, and didn't change a thing I had added. I love well-written things.

Thank you.
  13. Are you referring to "Rtto your precedent"?
  14. maxtease

maxtease Member

Area51 makes a great rom 2.0 gingerbread works awesome, there still having problems with the 2.1 though
  15. sillyname

Guess what method flashing an Android Ares 51 ROM uses... Odin.

Say it with me now... "Odin"

Very good, I knew you could.