Rooting Arc (locked bootloader)

1. stu1978

stu1978 Well-Known Member

Download ADB from this post

Download Gingerbreak from this post

Copy gingerbreak to SD card and run, if you get the "could not extract assets" error reboot and connect your phone using development debugging mode.

Run cmd.exe and change directory to where you extracted adb (example: cd:\ADB)

then copy and paste:

adb shell rmdir /data/local/tmp

then

adb shell mkdir /data/local/tmp.

Disconnect phone and run gingerbreak from app menu, it will reboot when done. (takes a while)

Advertisement
    :
    daveybaby likes this.
  2. streber

streber Member

Hi everyone.
    I'm new in Android phones, I was at Symbian :)
    So what means to root phone? What is good about it? And do I loose warranty if I root my phone?
    Regards
  3. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Hi streber, welcome to the forums.

Rooting the phone gives you full access to the system, letting you change previously protected settings & files. This lets you do things like:

* backup & restore apps & data
    * remove factory installed apps & bloatware
    * get screen captures
    * tweak cpu speed
    * move apps & data to SD card
    * enable wired & wireless tethering (if your carrier has disabled it)

In theory it *may* void your warranty. In practice i've yet to hear of anyone's warranty claim being denied because the phone was rooted. It's also pretty easy to return your phone to an unrooted state.

Since stu1978 posted this method, things have gotten even easier. I followed the instructions here and rooted with no trouble at all.
  4. streber

streber Member

and this is global root? i saw in forum there was UK only...
  5. daveybaby

I assume it's global.
  6. streber

streber Member

i rooted it... but for me worked v1.1.. it took me 5 secs xD
    v1.2 not working for me.. it doesnt reboot...

1.2 worked after i updated it from 1.1
  7. daveybaby

1.2 worked okay for me, but it took about 15 mins to finish rooting and reboot.
  8. SEuser

SEuser Member

Does it come with “Superuser” app ?
  9. streber

streber Member

10. steryman

steryman Member

So this roots without unlocking the bootloader? if it does, will it void the warranty anymore since is not unlocking the bootloader?
  11. daveybaby

Yep.

AFAIK there is no statement from sony that says rooting will void warranty, just unlocking, so it should be safe. Even if it's not, reinstalling firmware via SEUS will remove root, so there is no way to for them to tell anyway.
  12. Xlancer

Xlancer New Member

Hi,

I am a noob to android,
    What is the different between ROOTING and UNlock? Both give me root access right?
    Will it clean out all my data? (setting, linked contacts, installed apps)
    Some say rooting will clean all my stuff.

Thank you.
  13. TitanCr0ss

TitanCr0ss New Member

Ok i've tired this operation and it isnt working, "device not found", now what? I've tried switching ports I have 6 usbs and all the same, I have usb debugging i'm using usb storage mode because if I don't I won't have access so what am I doing wrong?