• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting Bell GT-I9000M GINGERBREAD.GKG3

solm001

Lurker
Oct 22, 2011
There are many methods to rooting 2.3.3 posted out there (gingerbreak, superoneclick, etc.).

I haven't found one to work with GINGERBREAD.GKG3.

Then there are a few other, sometime conflicting ways to accomplish the same by flashing different ROM, kernel, etc. Don't want to end up with a brick.

What would be the least risky and simple way to root my Bell GT-I9000M GINGERBREAD.GKG3 ?

thanks.

Hi:

I cannot seem to get CWM to work with the Bell Samsung Galaxy S I9000M device using this kernel. The kernel will install and boot up and it is rooted, ie: after I install the superuser app and terminal app I can do su to root no problem.

However, when I install the ClockworkMod app, and flash it to the ROM and reboot into it, it is still using the "stock" 3e recovery image.

What am I missing here? pls help :)

thx.
W. MacKenzie

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones