rooting = better messaging/notifications?

Last Updated:

1. ron

ron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I and many others have been having issues with emails not checking when they should (hours passing between pop updates when it should be checking once every 15 min), and sometimes messages arrive, but there is either no notification, or the messages shows up 'not bold' as if it's been read, when it has not been. These issues happen with IMAP and POP settings, buy the way.

Anyone here have these issues and know whether any of them are resolved with the various custom ROMS?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

For the thousandth time, Rooting doesn't do anything special, doesn't make any changes, doesn't do ANYTHING AT ALL except give you admin privileges. It's what you DO with that privilege that makes the changes.

I don't know what your email issue is, but I would bet there's someone else that's had that issue and asked about it in the past couple months. Mine check every 15 minutes, as far as I know. And if it doesn't, I open it up and manually refresh

Edit: And be damn careful what you do with those privileges. I just got my phone stuck in a boot loop...would load the sprint screen about halfway, and then restart, over and over and over. Hopefully this wipe fixed it lol

3. ron

What I meant to ask is if the any of the custom ROMs solve these issues? (I understand that rooting is just unlocking the thing.)

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

if any custom ROMs do fix it, then it would be completely by accident..

5. ron

Since the custom ROMs seem to contain a lot of tweaked code, I am thinking (hoping) it's possible that this issue is fixed in one of them. I am now back to my blackberry because I was missing messages right and left.