Rooting changed my Touch Screen sensitivity???

Last Updated:

1. onthink

onthink Member This Topic's Starter

First off thanks for all the great info. I have been lurking for a while and couldn't have rooted without your guys .

After I rooted my Eris (Now running Nonsensikal 13.2 after trying tazzfroyo and a few others) I now have problems with my touch screen, especially on the upper right side quadrant. Just curious if anyone has any solutions or has experienced the same type of problem.

Should I go back to 2.1? or am I just screwed?
    Thanks again.

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I can't imagine that a custom rooted ROM would change the touch screen characteristics or sensitivity. You could verify by switching to other ROMs (especially a near stock ROM like PlainJaneT2 or Ivan's Eris Official 1.0) temporarily to diagnose.

If you do need to switch back to 2.1 (i.e. either to test or before returning your phone to VZW), its a relatively straight-forward thing to do: [ROM][10/20/2010]FlashBack21 v1 -Return to Factory Stock - UPDATED - xda-developers

Good luck...(and let us know if find out anything significant).

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

onthink likes this.
  4. onthink

Thanks Scary Alien. I have flashed several roms and noticed it with each of them (Kaos Froyo 38 was the first). I'll try and "unroot" tonight and I'll let you know.

5. onthink

So, after a long holiday weekend I wanted to give an update. I visited the Verizon Store and they are sending me a new Eris... It seems the touch screen problem has to do with Hardware not software.