Rooting Desire using Unrevoked and Super One Click! No such luck!

1. Milcoy

Milcoy New Member

Hi! I've tried rooting my HTC Desire using UnrEVOked and Super one click and have had no luck.

The lack of internal space makes the desire a pretty poor phone, so im Desperate to root it!

Right this is what ive done

Tried rooting using unrEVOked3 (runnuing as system admin on windows) but returns with error, "Failed to get root, firmware to new?"

So I tried older versions of unrEVOked, then it goes stuck at "fetching root....safe to reset if it doesn't work"

Tried (several) factory reset on phone.... no luck

Tried using Revolutionary to turn S-on to S-Off , tried unrEVOed again, same error

Tried using the custom recover image because of the (AmonRA) because of the erase size , then ran unrEVOked again, same error as before

Tried running with "charge only" and "disk drive" during unrEVOked no luck

Tried SuperOneClick , goes to stage 5 of the rooting process and freezes!

Im getting pretty desperate now guys! Any help / reccomnedations would be helpfull! Cheers! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Android info please
  3. saltire

saltire Well-Known Member

First impression is slow down - you're jumping between different root methods without, it sounds like, understanding what's causing the problem.
    First question - have you read the guides and FAQs on here?
    Second question - did you re-read and understand them before attempting root?

I'm no expert but you'll likely get asked to provide details as set out here on software version, hboot etc

Usually the FAQs hold the answer to most common issues.

Also, if when you jumped to using Revolutionary was it successful? If so then by reading the guide on their website you were a flash ro two away from being rooted and s-off'd. My advice is take some time to read up on this, ask any questions first then have another go - much easier this way than than ending up with a brick and trying to fix that.
  4. Milcoy

Milcoy New Member

-Revolutionary-
    BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
    HBOOT -6.93.1002

Android Version 2.3.3

Build No - 3.14.405.1

Kernel Version - 2.6.35.10g3f43272

Cheers
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You used revolutionary?

Well you can't use unrevoked on 2.3.3
    Now you have to fastboot flash the recovery of your choice (faq in my signature) and then either:

1) flash the root zip or
    2) flash a custom Rom.

This is all in the revolutionary documentation