Rooting did wonders for my battery lifeTips

Last Updated:

1. mattgartner

mattgartner Member This Topic's Starter

Running at 46% battery life right now, been unplugged since 6am this morning, used for about 2.5 hours of that time (15.5 hours total). I used to be at like 20% after 2.5 hours of use (similar total uptime). The biggest change, literally overnight, was rooting it. Removed all that Sprint and HTC crap that I didn't need and kept running in the background.
    Not using ATK, or a ton of widgets (2-3 plus the settings toggle switches) and screen brightness isn't lower than it needs to be for the conditions. I leave GPS off when I don't need it and same for WiFi, but I do turn them on when I need it.

Unless you have something against rooting, I highly recommend it for the battery life increase. I used the guides on here (parts 1 and 2, full root, not unrevoked) and got the Fresh 0.3 ROM.

Edit: Wanted to add that I spend most of the day at work in an office building 40+ stories up in NYC where it struggles to find a signal usually

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

u will have better battery life if u make the gtalk app stop signing u in automatically...thats what really helped my battery.

3. mattgartner

I had done that already before rooting, but did it again as well after. I don't think that was the difference.

4. mattgartner

Finally turned it off when it got down to 9% today after 31+ straight hours