Rooting Epic 4G

Last Updated:

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am flying with a guy that has an Epic 4G. We have been talking phones the whole trip so we have both been reading up on rooting. Well, he just handed his phone over to me at breakfast and told me to go for it!!! I was nervous with my phone and really nervous with his. If any of you fine EVO folks have any experience or words of encouragement with the Epic, gimme a shout out!!! I posted something over in the Epic camp and am not getting much action...kinda surprised me as I asked a VERY basic question.... Anyway, gonna give it a go after reading up a bit more...wish me luck!!!

Advertisement
  2. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member

3. flyjbaker

Their rooting method is actually simpler than ours. It worked like a charm! Got him all set up and did backup and now he is running FROYO on his Epic 4g.... We will see how he likes it through the day and get a report from him tonight.

4. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

Great job! I would've loved to try out that froyo leak but I don't have my Epic anymore. How did you like it? I'm thinking about buying one on CL. I returned my Epic and kept my Evo because the lack of Froyo.

5. TBon350

TBon350 Well-Known Member

Tell him it's a beta version of Froyo and not the official one. There are apparently a number of small issues with it currently.

6. flyjbaker

Yeah, we have already found a few but none that were major.

Azn, liked the phone but the one thing that got me was the capacitive buttons are a bit unresponsive...you really gotta bang on them to get them to register. Other than that, a fine device for sure.

7. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken the capacitive buttons are hardware problems. There's been some members in the Epic forum who has gotten replacements with responsive capacitive buttons.