rooting for a complete newb

Last Updated:

1. thugjedi91

thugjedi91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i would like to start off and say i`m a complete newb when it comes to rooting
    i know what i does i tried rooting and just did not understand exactly what to do it got confusing and i was just trying to get some help

Advertisement
  2. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

If you ODIN one of BH_Man's ROMs you will have ROOT automatically. Doesn't get easier than that! :)

3. Android Fiend

Android Fiend Well-Known Member

so are you trying to say that if you just ODIN without rooting or getting any type of ADB drivers set up it will just root automatically???!!

4. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

If your on the Stock twiz... You can Just flash the Kernel I made that will root the Phone using Odin as well...

5. kkarlin

kkarlin Well-Known Member

If you ODIN the correct ROM (ie a Rooted one), then you will have root access automatically. It's been awhile, but my recollection is that you can't ODIN unless you have the right drivers installed (ADB drivers)...

6. Android Fiend

Android Fiend Well-Known Member

suhweet

7. Notahotshot

Notahotshot Well-Known Member

You want to start by visiting this thread. http://androidforums.com/samsung-behold-2/54385-updated-odin-images-available-latest-t-mobile-stock.html

Download the package for the second option. It gives you everything you need to flash your phone to post update stock condition including the samsung drivers you need. You actually only need to select the ops file and pda file when flashing with odin.

Then visit this thread. http://androidforums.com/all-things...rt-behold-2-stock-no-twiz-w-root-busybox.html

Download Bh_Man_odin.tar.zip. This will have the .tar file you will use in odin to flash with the .ops file. This will give you root and remove touchwiz but otherwise leave the phone stock. Removing touchwiz alone improves performance.

Or visit this thread. http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/54769-port-galaxy-1-6-behold-2-a.html

Download the R7 files. It gives you the .tar and .ops file that will give you root and the galaxy 1.6 android port by bh_man. You will lose vibrate and get different camera software but much better speed and some other added bonuses.

Flashing with Odin is easy. Just remember to boot your phone into download mode (down volume+ok button+power simultaneously), use only the .ops file and pda or bh_man .tar file, reboot after flashing and don't panic. If it seems like it isn't working pull the battery, reboot into download and try again.

I was a noob and I have flashed every rom bh_man has put out. Each one better than the last.

8. xLeo

xLeo Active Member

Maybe I'm ******ed and/or I can't read... so Root is not required to use Odin right?
    I had a G1 DEV Rooted with Cyanogen, so I'm a new comer to this Odin software
    My BH2 is coming tomorrow hopefully I'll be able to take the 1.6R7 for a drive.

9. Notahotshot

Notahotshot Well-Known Member

Correct you don't need root to use Odin. It uses the phone's native download mode. I am currently using Bh_Man's galaxy 1.6 R7 and it is great. Has root for apps, google nav, goggles and better market.