• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting for Dummies?

travis4091

Feb 14, 2012
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S i500 (that's the name Alltel gave it anyway). I'm trying to find the easiest way to root it. My last phone was a Motorola Milestone running 2.1 and it was rooted. It was a very simple process via UniversalAndroot. I'm not a very advanced user. My main reason for wanting to root my new phone is I've become dependent on WiFi tethering. I have no idea what custom ROM's are, nor overclocking. I'm just looking for a way to root my device as simply as absolutely possible. I'm not just lazy and refuse to try and find information on my own. I've looked for the last 2-3 hours on the best way to root, and have been unsuccessful. It seems that there are many different versions of this phone, all very similar. To the best of my knowledge it is a Samsung Galaxy S i500 running 2.3.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for taking a minute to stop by in intros and say hi!!

Didn't recognise your phone's model but, having had a bit of a search on the net, I believe it's a Fascinate... your best bet would be to head to Samsung Fascinate - Android Forums (where you'll find an "All Things Root" sub-sectuion)... other users of the fascinate are in there and should be able to help with all your device questions.

Hope you find this place useful!!

Reactions: travis4091
Upvote 0
Alright. Thanks for the info. Sorry again about the mistake. I've been lurking and reading about problems for a year or two. The reason I've never created a username or posted a question is usually I'm able to find someone else with the same problem and just read the thread they created. Also, I'm pretty much useless when it comes to answers. I wouldn't mind giving my input on somebody else's problems, but if powering it off and back on doesn't work, I'm pretty much out of solutions.

Upvote 0
Thanksfor the info. Sorry again about the mistake. I've been lurking and reading about problems for a year or two. The reason I've never created a username or posted a question is usually I'm able to find someone else with the same problem and just read the thread they created.
Welcome to the community.
icon14.gif

Reactions: travis4091
Upvote 0
Alright. Thanks for the info. Sorry again about the mistake.

Honestly... it's fine... we won't send a mod round to beat you up :D

I've been lurking and reading about problems for a year or two. The reason I've never created a username or posted a question is usually I'm able to find someone else with the same problem and just read the thread they created. Also, I'm pretty much useless when it comes to answers

It shows that this place is doing it's job, if you've been able to lurk for so long, without needing to join to get solutions! :)

I wouldn't mind giving my input on somebody else's problems, but if powering it off and back on doesn't work, I'm pretty much out of solutions.

Before you know it, you'll be one of the one's giving advice... I only signed up in April last year (I think) and have only had a smartphone for a month longer than that... which goes to show that this place really can be useful, given that I'm now a guide for the best Android dedicated forums on the net! :):D;)

Reactions: travis4091 and Rush
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones