rooting for lg ally

Last Updated:

1. fudplayers

fudplayers Member This Topic's Starter

I have a lg ally and kept hearing about rooting droid phones.I'm not a computer geek and don't know a whole lot about root. My cousin told me I should get Cyanagen 6 so I downloaded it but now I am stuck. Not sure how to run it or anything. As a matter of fact I saw it download but now don't know where it went. Is there a link or website that can go into my phone and do the installation work for me? Any answers would be great. Thanks a lot for helping a Droid newbie.

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

If I was you the first thing I would do is stop what you are doing. Before you go any further I would suggest doing some of your own research into what rooting is before just downloading a file and seeing what it does. You risk bricking (aka turning your phone into a paper weight) your phone if you root incorrectly. Usually rooting comes at the cost of the warranty for your phone (all though that's not in everycase). You are betting off posting questions regarding rooting for the lg ally in there root sub forums found here:

All Things Root (Ally) - Android Forums

Also "droid" is a term Verizon created to marketed there Android phones. The Droid, Droid Inc, and Droid X are actual phones. Rooting an Android phone in my mind is different then rooting a "Droid" phone.

Good luck.

3. fudplayers

fudplayers Member This Topic's Starter

So even though I downloaded the root system my phone isn't rooted? Can I unistall the download to be safe? I'm going to heed your advice because I can't afford a paperweight.maybe after I do research I can root it. Thanks a bunch for wasting a few minutes of your life on my ignorance.

4. Unclm311

Unclm311 Well-Known Member

Downloading a file is nowhere close to actually having it rooted... you're fine, you don't even have to delete that file if you don't want. You have a lot of reading left before you should attempt anything.