Rooting for wireless hotspotSupport

Last Updated:

1. jmckins

jmckins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

I finally got my fascinate yesterday. I know that there is a app out there called wireless tether that is used for a mobile hotspot. I know it requires rooting the phone. I need a simple very detailed instructions on how to do this. Any help is appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

How to Root - Android Forums that is thread on how to root.

http://androidforums.com/fascinate-...-2-november-2010-6-45am-central-u-s-time.html that is Frisco's general root/hack guide.

remember to read over all information and get familiar with it before doing anything :) root is great, but not something to be taken lightly.

as many have said (in quoting Peter Parker's Uncle Ben) "With great power comes great responsibility"

3. jmckins

jmckins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks

4. l.a.rossmann

l.a.rossmann Active Member

I've rooted but the same application I used on my HTC Incredible that worked, won't work on the fascinate. I've confirmed that it's been rooted properly since other functions that required root worked fine. I'm not sure what I'm missing yet.

5. Bob-o

Bob-o Well-Known Member

Try barnacle legacy..works good on my fascinate. The barnacle lite and wireless tether didn't work for me either.