• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting from 1.6

Yll.K

Lurker
Jan 19, 2011
Hi, I want to root my LG Optimus GT540 but i'm having problems. First of all, I tried the simple root with the six steps but as I bought the phone from CarphoneWarehouse the Enable Root Permission option is not available. Then I heard about the z4root app which is not on the market anymore. I tried just updating it to 2.1 but everytime I tried using the LG Mobile update it wouldn't find the device when my laptop showed clearly that it had been connected.
I would appreciate help with this.
Thanks.

for updating you want to make shore you have all the drivers installed. use the update tool to install the drivers, then hold your camera button and plug the usb in(i think this installs more drivers). if that enter download mode take out the usb and battery then normally reboot.

for z4root
z4root.1.3.0.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
i haven't uploaded this, it was already on there website.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones