• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting from scratch

monsterenergy22

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
sosquad.net
Well right now I have a rooted droid thanks to sholesmod and am running bugless beast 0.7.6 at 800. From what I Have read, it is supposed to be one of the fastest roms out there. Too be honest, I have almost noticed it to be slower then .7.5. So I have decided to completly erase everything and start completly from scratch. I was going to go back to stock 2.01 and then do a factory restore. Then I was going to reformat my sd card. Would that be thebest route to go if I wanted to start from scratch? Thanks for all your help!

Well right now I have a rooted droid thanks to sholesmod and am running bugless beast 0.7.6 at 800. From what I Have read, it is supposed to be one of the fastest roms out there. Too be honest, I have almost noticed it to be slower then .7.5. So I have decided to completly erase everything and start completly from scratch. I was going to go back to stock 2.01 and then do a factory restore. Then I was going to reformat my sd card. Would that be thebest route to go if I wanted to start from scratch? Thanks for all your help!

You don't need to do that. Just delete your data before you load a new ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones