1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

rooting gs4

1. ron316

ron316 VIP Member VIP Member

i have been reading and reading what is the best way to root my gs4 with the new update were s a good place for files and info i cant seem to find odin5 that they keep talking about any help would be great.also i have on you tube to root to google

Advertisement
    :
  2. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

Carrier and current firmware?
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Yeah if you could post which variant of the gs4 you have I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. :)
  4. ron316

model sgh-i337m version 4.2.2 telus canada thanks
  5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

The telus is practically identical to the at&t, they've just put an m at the end of the model number so I've moved this to the at&t all things root. Others there should be best equipped to help you out:)
    ron316 likes this.
  6. ron316

ok thanks
  7. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Ron :ciao:

Check this CF-Auto-Root thread. Use Odin to install it. Get Odin here and extract the files. If you aren't sure how to use odin you can look at this guide. Just don't use the files in that guide (except Odin). They are not for your phone.
    Shotgun84 likes this.
  8. ron316

ok thanks
  9. ron316

ok now that im rooted whats next.that google rom that i see looks cool
  10. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

Well... now you've killed your ability to get OTA updates and it's time to decide what else you want to kill with all those fabulous roms.
  11. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

As long as he unroots first and doesn't delete any system apps, there'll be no problem with future OTAs. Telus does not have a locked bootloader like AT&T.
  12. ron316

ok thanks for all the replies
  13. schemppjr80

schemppjr80 Well-Known Member

Will this method wrk with the i337 v. (The att version)...
    Thx in advance
  14. ron316

im not sure if att& t still as locked bootloader. youll have to check around
    schemppjr80 likes this.
  15. schemppjr80

schemppjr80 Well-Known Member

Right on I will but my luck is that it is still locked...I was just trying to c if by some chance that method wrks 4 my phone. Its branded as an att phone but is unlocked and running on the t-metro (t-mobile and metro pcs) network so I wasnt sure but Ill ask around and thx
  16. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

A root method for AT&T S4 with MF3 baseband (the current 4.2.2 build) with locked bootloader is now available: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2387577

Bear in mind however, that AT&T has announced an OTA to 4.3 is scheduled to roll out in October. Rooting now will likely either prevent the OTA or unroot your device. Of course, if you root now, you can always freeze the update program and wait until a root exploit is available for the new version (or stay at 4.2.2). Your choice.
  17. ron316

just root the updates are never that great anyway developer roms are better to me anyway i just install google4.3 rom on mine now its greaton my i337m.i was going to mention xda but wasnt sure if it was alound to say
  18. ron316

sorry double posted